2nd Shift Supervisor
Coloma, Michigan 49038
Shift Supervisors are responsible for safety, quality and production for the plant during assigned hours, producing the maximum amount of acceptable parts possible through the economical use of machines, material and, people. The shift supervisor is required to teach, train and retain employees while enforcing all company policies, procedures, work rules and work instruction. This involves managing 10-20 full-time and temporary employees.
- Process, troubleshoot and basic repair of all blow molding machines/support equipment.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and shifts: maintenance to obtain necessary maintenance work; auditors to discuss and resolve quality problems; set-up to obtain mold repairs; personnel to solve problems in reporting production; engineering to resolve problems related to mold and fixture design.
- Assumes some of the responsibilities of the manufacturing supervisor in their absence.
- Reliable, regular and consistent attendance 5 days/week.
- Ensuring all timecards are closed accurately and prior to the established deadline.
- Approving scheduled time off requests within 24 hours of submission.
- Report daily attendance infractions in time & attendance software.
- Participate in daily shift meetings, bi-weekly supervisor meetings.
- Attend Supervisor Trainings and all other safety and leadership trainings as requested.
- Support employee training programs by ensuring training is completed effectively and consistently per the outlined program.
- Abide by and uphold all safety and 5S policies established by the organization.
- Enforce PPE requirements.
- Monitoring performance, coaching, counseling, and development of employees.
- Leading by exhibiting personal commitment to standards of attendance, behavior, policy/rules compliance, safety and quality.
- Administer counseling/discipline records as needed.
- Train new employees and supervising the quantity and quality of products.
- Work closely with the manufacturing supervisor on priorities in the production of orders.
- Enforce all company policies, procedures, work rules, work instructions and ensures that personnel comply with all safety rules.
- Terminate subordinates when the situation requires immediate action.
- Other duties as assigned or needed by supervisor.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Plastics Blow Molding: 1-3 years experience (preferred)
· Manufacturing Management: 1-3 years experience (preferred)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· ERP Manufacturing Software (IQMS preferred)
· Paulson Training (preferred)
· Lift Truck Experience
· Ability to work with little supervision, establish priorities
· Ability to work safely
· Right to Know
· 90% of the time this position will be on the production floor walking/standing/monitoring and assisting in activities related to the position while the remaining 10% of the time will be spent conducting office related work at a desk (using a PC, desk phone, copy machine, etc.)
· Move finished boxes weighing 50-60 lbs to pallets. May have to lift boxes overhead.
· Be willing to work overtime as needed, sometimes with minimum notice (including some weekends and holidays) to cover responsibilities based on the needs of the business
· Must be able to push, pull, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl.
· Must be able to perform repetitive motions such as reaching, grasping, bending, lifting, stretching, walking up and down stairs and turning.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour