Chief Financial Officer
St. Joseph, Michigan 49085
Chief Financial Officer
Position: As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and banking relationships.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization, including multi-state payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Coordinates the preparation of Financial Statements, financial reports and special analysis.
- Oversee and prepare misc. tax filings as required.
- Point of contact for financing activities, i.e. credit cards, lines of credit, leave vs buy, cash flow forecasts, insurance coverage.
- Point of contact with external auditors and tax preparers.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Coordinate the due diligence and analysis conducted on proposed business transactions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities: PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Excel is preferred.