Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by procedures, layouts, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, or oral instructions. Welds range from simple tacks to complex welds, performed in varying positions.
• Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which include forklifts, hoists, slings, grinders (portable & bench), cutting torches, hand tools, drills, punches, a tape measure, and Air Arc.
• Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, blueprints, work instructions, and procedures.
• Maintain level of work performance in accordance with Pratt standards and/or job order specifications.
• Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Ability to understand welding symbols and diagrams, read blueprints and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
• Good Attendance is requisite for being able to perform the essential functions of this job.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Must be dependable, open to changes and new ideas, adaptable to new situations and challenges, and use time wisely.
• The ability to satisfactorily work alone, and willingness to work with others respectfully and professionally in a team environment, with reasonable instructions, training, and supervision.
• The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
Education and/or Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Welding experience required. Must be able to pass weld test.
• Trailer assembly and/or heavy equipment manufacturing experience preferred.
• Vocational or post-secondary education and welding certification(s) desired.
Fill out the form below.